Call for Interest to organize side events at the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, 22-26 May 2017, Cancun-Mexico
Sign up is now open for the twenty four Side Events slots at the 2017 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
Side Events should support the outcomes of the 2017 Global Platform, raise awareness on disaster risk reduction activities and contribute to the promotion of and exchange of knowledge.
Key expected outcomes during the 2017 Global Platform include:
- A stronger and more sustainable movement to reduce disaster risk worldwide that leads to increased responsibility for strengthening resilience to disasters.
- A dynamic and trend-setting forum for decision makers, partners, experts and practitioners to announce initiatives, launch products, share information, promote campaigns, and provide evidence around disaster risk reduction.
- Guidance and new alliances for the development and use of tools and methodologies aimed at understanding and applying the economics and investment of disaster risk reduction.
- A forum to discuss progress under the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Events that follow up and advance the agenda of the 2013 Global Platform.
- Priorities and directions reflected in the outcome document: the Chair's Summary
With regard to health area of focus, it would be very useful to have side events highlighting practical examples of integrating health in DRR strategies and plans, investing in building the resilience of the health system to prevent, prepare and respond to all types of hazards including natural and man-made hazards, among other issues.
for more ideas please refer to the attached Bangkok Principles for the implementation of the health aspects of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
These multi stakeholder events will be held in English, from 24 to 26 May 2017 between 13h00 to 15h00.
A selection committee will review all applications, and select sessions based on the topic proposed, regional balance, and stakeholder participation. Similar or related topics maybe asked to merge into one event to maximize participation. The deadline for submitting applications is 30 Nov 2016. Selected events will be announced in January 2017.
Information on local service providers in Cancun to support organizers' requirements will be made available later.
To start he process of submitting your proposal please follow the instructions on this link: http://www.unisdr.org/conferences/2017/globalplatform/registration/sideevents